Monday, June 02, 2008

I Might Be on TV!

Our PBS station here locally (Channel 11) will premiere a new documentary, "Out & Proud in Chicago," on Tuesday, June 3, at 7:30 p.m. It's a history of gay life in Chicago, told largely through a few people's personal stories. Right before the premiere, the producers will be interviewed on Channel 11's "Chicago Tonight" at 7 p.m. A short clip from the documentary is online.

Later in the summer, the documentary will be joined by a colorful new book, "Out and Proud in Chicago," edited by Tracy Baim, the editor of Windy City Times. Tracy has also just soft-launched an ongoing Web project at http://www.chicagogayhistory.com.

I don't know if I'll make the cut, but I did get interviewed for this documentary.

Besides the June 3 premiere, it will be rebroadcast by Channel 11 on Monday, June 9, at 8 p.m. and on Sunday, June 15, at 8 p.m. (If you get Channel 11's digital channel, which is Channel 191 on Comcast's cable service, it will also be rebroadcast on Wednesday, June 18, at 9 p.m.; Thursday, June 19, at 1 a.m., 5 a.m., 9 a.m., and 1 p.m.; Friday, June 20, at 10 p.m.; and Saturday, June 21, at 3 a.m., 8 a.m., and 1 p.m.)

The Channel 11 show will be part of the station's pledge drive, and for the first time in the history of such pledge drives, the pledge breaks will include remote live segments on Tuesday night (6/3)-- from Sidetrack, where a crowd will gather to watch the show and take part in the pledging. Sidetrack says everyone's welcome to join the crowd Tuesday night and maybe be on TV.

I'll be there to see if I made it in or if I'm lying on the cutting room floor (oh, they don't do that anymore) ... er, if I'm in digital Neverland ...

1 Comments:

Blogger Angel ABC said...

Well, I wasn't on the documentary, but a lot of people I know were, so it's all good. As a matter of fact, it was a really good documentary!

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home