Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Dead Pool 2009


Yes, it's morbid. But for the past two years, I've been a part of a Dead Pool at work. We each guess 25 celebrities who may move on to the next life during the year, with the added bonus of guessing three famous divorces and three arrests. No one wins anything. It's just for "fun."

Last year, I guessed John Stroeger (a local politician who fell into a coma late in 2007) would pass away and that Andy Dick would be arrested. Ultimately, I did lose to someone who guessed two more deaths-arrests-divorces for a total of four.

This year, I admit to stretching it by putting Tinkerbell, Paris Hilton's Chihauhua, on my list, but I think the Dead Pool police will allow it. I've also got more old people too this year, even though we get more points the younger the celebrity is. But from my experience, the more old people you have, the better. Anyway, here's my list this year:

Muhammad Ali
Barbara Bush
Mike Conners (Joe Mannix)
Jeff Conaway (Grease)
Tim Conway
Barbara Cook (1950's Broadway singer)
Walter Cronkite
Tony Curtis
Kirk Douglas
Chicago’s Cardinal George
Dorothy Hamill
Stephen Hawking (scientist)
Sen. Ted Kennedy
Dr. Jack Kevorkian
Ed McMahon
Harry Morgan
Peter O’Toole
Nancy Reagan
Carl Reiner
Keith Richards
Gloria Stuart (supporting actress, Titanic)
Patrick Swayze
Prince Phillip
Tinkerbell (Paris Hilton’s Chihuahua)
Allegra Versace (Donatella’s daughter)

Divorce:
Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon
Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz
Jennifer Lopez and Mark Anthony

Arrest:
Robert Pattinson (Twilight star)
Robert Blagojevich (Rod’s brother)
Brody Jenner

If you see anyone who's already dead or divorced, let me know. I do get an opportunity to edit errors. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home