Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Up for an Award


Every now and then, my work-work gives me the opportunity to compete in professional writing competitions. Well, tomorrow (Thurs. 7/24) I fly to Kansas City with two other co-workers to receive a national award for articles we've written. I've been honored for an article I wrote on foreign investment in the convenience-store channel.

At the awards ceremony tomorrow night, we'll find out if we won a Bronze, Silver or Gold award at the national level. I have to say, I've not really put much stock into these awards, but I haven't won one is so long that I'm like a fish in a desert--can you hear the desperation in my gills?

I'm humbled and will be even more so if I get a Bronze. I'll let you know where I end up in my personal Olympics.

2 Comments:

Blogger Angel said...

Gold! Gold! Gold!
Good luck cuz!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Angel ABC said...

Thanks for the positive vibes! I won't be too bitter if I don't get the top prize.

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home