Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Esoteric Projects



I'm in the thick of one esoteric project and on the verge of starting another one. The first one involves the book, Good to Great, by Jim Collins, a researcher who studied how companies went from underperforming to outperforming in their respective industries.

I've been working with my fellow editors at coming up with our "Hedgehog" statement, which is kind of a mission, but infused with our challenge of writing for convenience-store retailers. If you're into visionary discussions, which I am, I'm seeing the potential of our group coming to a definitive statement this fall--which after almost a year of meeting is a welcomed conclusion.

Then I'm about to be involved in an effort to "count" gay, Asian men in Chicago. As part of Asians and Friends and my own personal interest in engaging others like myself for unifying and esteem-building purposes. We've initially called in the Abacus Project for obvious reasons.

So with one hand, I've been building an intellectual penthouse and with the other, I'm starting on a foundation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home