Monday, August 20, 2007

Another Day at the Races



Our CSP Oak Brook gang was out and about yet again this summer. Last week Friday--for my second time this year--we went to the Arlington International Raceway to bet the ponies. I did some smart guessing with strategic bets for win, place and show, but every time I bet on a horse that had the name of one of my co-workers in it, I lost big time. It was funny. The very last race, I bet on a horse called Anjelika. I have a co-worker named Angelica and I didn't want her to feel bad about no one betting on a horse with her name. So I bet $2 and the horse came in ... yes, dead last. Oh well, so much for science.
The afternoon proved to be about pennies for me. Even when I won, it was probably going to be $1.80 or $2 on top of your original (for me, $2) investment. Oh well. It was great fun. Yeeha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home