Sunday, September 16, 2007

Color Purple






Bob and I went to see Oprah's The Color Purple musical downtown. It's been around for a while, in fact, when my Mom was in town last June, she and my aunt saw it. I have raves. It was really musically fabulous with its gospel style mixed with traditional Broadway. All the performers had wonderful voices--we even saw an understudy perform the role of "Nettie" who I did a show with back in the 1990's. Her name was Latonya Holmes and she backed up a former "American Idol" contestant, Latoya London, who did not perform last night.


In any case, the evening got off to a wonderful start with our Wisconsin cat-breeder friend Linda coming to join us for drinks and dinner. We sat at the river's edge at a bar-restaurant called Flatwater. Then the three of us met my soon-to-be Nunsense castmates John and John for dinner at Vong's Thai Room. John and John bought tickets for last night too. The meal--from the appetizers to the peanut chicken and juicy beef to the lava chocolate and fruit souffle--was amazing.


Then onto a wonderful show! Linda left us for her 3-hour drive back to Milwaukee and two of the Johns' friends joined us at the theater. Everything was so terrific. Just the right note to crack in the fall. I love Chicago!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home