Monday, October 20, 2008

Buzzing Over Beehive



Part of my weekend fun (in addition to seeing the first opera of the Lyric Opera season, Manon with the fabulous Natalie Dessay) was seeing some great friends at Winnetka's Big Noise Theater do Beehive. The 60's musical was rich with the girl-group favorites from the Supremes through to the standout solos of Tina Turner and Janice Joplin.

The gals I knew who performed were also top knotch, including Linda, Sajay and Pascale, not to mention my good friend Joe who was musical director and pianist.

It took me a while to remember, but I saw Beehive at the Briar Street Theater before Blue Man Group took over its perpetual run. Hard to believe that Beehive's first selections were popular almost 50 years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home