Thursday, October 16, 2008

Debate Over


Last night, I found myself in a bind--and in a pink dress. I had planned to go to my pal John's house to watch the final episode of Project Runway. But when I got there, he was not home. I did not confirm that I'd be coming so my heart sank and I thought he had gone somewhere else to see the show. I had even put on a pink dress to make him laugh and to get in the spirit of the evening.

So dejected, I went to a gay bar down the street and saw they were set to watch the presidential debate. Three other patrons had requested we watch that instead of Project Runway. I lobbied to change the channel, saying that I was a castaway from a Project Runway party and needed sympathy. They said they would watch the debate and make fun of me. So I sat there, pink dress, white gloves and a glass of bad Merlot thinking I was in hell.


Thankfully I finished my wine and decided to check on my friend John one last time. He was home! He just stepped out to the grocery store and missed me when I showed up. He loved the dress, so a grand time had by all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephen R. said...

Never let the tasteless, style-free rats of this world make you feel like you are anything less than Cinderella at the Ball!

I adore you for attending the finale of Project Runway in a pink dress! And so would Nina Garcia!

6:31 PM  
Blogger Angel ABC said...

The only thing I was missing was a little hat and I could have passed for one of Kenley's models.

4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home