Saturday, September 17, 2005

Working Stiff

My latest idea for a new one-man show is called "Working Stiff." I sometimes get an idea by working off a title first. Part of the inspiration came from my first "guys-only" lunch at work. I'm out at work and the guys still are not quite sure what to do with me now that I've been coming into the office every day. In any case, the Friday guy thing happens to turn into a scoping session for babes and MILF. I'm the fifth wheel in that it all does nothing for me. I typically don't bring the sex brainwaves into work and when I do bring it up, I'm often the joking "twist." I wasn't quite sure what to make of all of it, except that the job could provide interesting fodder for artistic exploration. It has to. I'm stuck there and I just won't have it any other way.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angel ABC said...

Thanks for the advice. I am not so interested in fitting in as much as not being ignored. These guys know I'm gay and if they went out with me and my other randy gay friends, they'd feel just as out of place as I did last Friday.

But I still have to work with these guys, and barriers don't help. What I'm understanding is that while the gender is different, the feelings are the same. If I can focus on what we have in common, it may help all of us feel more comforatble--which is imporant for a group working together. Unfortunately, that does mean moving from being the "twist" to being a "given." I'm not sure how I'm going to accomplish that, but I've got an eternity left there so a strategy should arise.

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home