Sunday, May 28, 2006

Some Enchanted Evening

Well, we're going into crunch time for South Pacific, the play I'm doing with Light Opera Works in Evanston. I've had conflicts with the rehearsal schedule but have just gotten back into the swing of it and the show really looks like it's coming together. The set looks amazing, like a big blue canvass with the wings adding more dimension of island mountains, ocean and sky. I play the houseboy, Henri, which is kind of demeaning, but tolerable. I have seven lines and they're all in French. We open Thursday and run for two weekends. My brother and his family, who are flying up to Chicago to spend a week with me, will be able to see it.

Meanwhile last night, I spent a bruising evening at IML, the big leather convention that's always here in Chicago. Some guys from Asians and Friends came to meet me and I, in my chain-link vest, romped around getting drunk. The Onyx party was the best--funny, I remember it being for black men--with the music and fan twirling. And I saw a bunch of folks I know from Miss Saigon and Joel Hall. The place to see and be seen (in leather).

Life's a hoot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home