Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Hot August

My summer is just flying by. Two weekends ago was camping and Bob's daughters' visit to Chicago. The girls (and the younger daughter's husband) stayed with us from Thursday through Monday. I had a scheduled camping trip to the gay campground in Saugatuck, Mich., so could only be with Bob and the girls Thursday and Sunday night.

In any case, camping was a blast. Although I had a tent, I got in Friday after dark and so I just sat around the campfire and drank. I opted to sleep in the car the first night. But the next day, I got the tent up and it was fun. We went into town (the group I was camping with) and saw the beautiful vista of the lake and town from the top of a dune. Then we went back into the town and I got streamers to make a costume for the "Mardi Gras" celebration that was set for that night. Needless to say I got into the spirit of it all with the beads etc. Around the campfire that night we got a little crazy and I threw my costume into the fire. It was fun.

When I got back, the girls told me of their exciting day at Arlington Race Track (Bob had gotten them luxury box seating from his work). They love horses. Then we went out for dinner and a bit of Karaoke.

Anyway, now back to the everyday. I spent last weekend moving old furniture to Salvation Army and to a storage room that Bob and I rent. Just trying to chill before my online classes start again (I had a week off). Oh well, fun, fun, fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home