Monday, March 30, 2009

Mental S & M


In my effort to dig myself out of the little productive rut I'm in (note my America's Next Top Model weekends below), I'm trying to analyze the root of my inactivity. I'm sensing that I'm giving into the comfort of not facing an uncomfortable task.

Then at work, I read a quote from a seasoned convenience-store executive:

The difference between winners and losers is that winners do what needs to be done, when it needs to be done, whether they want to do it or not.

My unhappiness stems from how I've always perceived myself as a winner, but my inactivity doesn't jibe with my self perception. And after coming across this quote, I realize that in order to regain my winning self, with productivity being a piece of the puzzle, I've got to start doing the things I need to do even if I don't want to. And possibly even prioritizing them.

So my new motto: Think of all the important things I have to do, pick the one I would rather die than start doing and hit that one first. Sounds a little like mental S & M, but it's the best plan I've had in a while.

So bring out the whips and chains and let this particular journey begin.

2 Comments:

Blogger Angel said...

So you are equating motivation with whips and chains, huh? Ok cuz... hahaha!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Angel ABC said...

Yes, I'm mentally bending over and smacking myself in the ass.

4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home