Friday, September 23, 2005

Starting to Imagine

I've started to imagine the person I'm going to be in the second half of my life. I don't have many definite pictures, but I believe that man is going to know other languages. I've been trying to pick up my native tongue (Tagalog--Filipino) from language tapes and things are starting to gel. I believe this will be a way out of the alienation I've felt from "my people" for most of my life. If I can take any step away from the assimilated American I've become, language is THE step. It's the only substantial thing that keeps me culturally separated from the race I was born into. I can see that now that I've started to understand my relatives. It's a revelation and one that will help build my personal esteem.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does Vista Really Matter?
Microsoft will ultimately spend many hundreds of millions of dollars developing and marketing Vista in a bet-the-farm strategy on the new operating system.
Hey, I love your blog it's real great!

I have a ##dating## site/blog. It pretty much covers ##american singles## and dating related stuff.

You should come and check it out if you get time :-)

-----------------------------------------------------

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home