Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Drop-kick Me Jesus!

I'm salivating over my role in Nunsense Amen! that some pals of mine and I are doing (previews in December) for a roving year-long run (2008 is the 25th anniversary season for the original musical and we're mounting the all-male version).

Here's some of the lyrics to the song that my nun (Sister Mary Amnesia) gets to sing:

I'd like to be a country singer
Like Loretta Lynn.
With a deluxe winnebago
That I could travel in.

I'd have wigs like Dolly Parton.
I might even pierce my ears.
I'd have rhinestone studded cowboy boots
And a sequined gown from Sears.

I'd sing songs of inspiration.
I'd sing songs in time of strife.
Songs like "Drop-kick me, Jesus,
Through the goal post of life!"

Whee! Fun, fun, fun ...

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephen R. said...

Sister Mary Amnesia is my favorite nun in the show!!! I love that song!!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Angel ABC said...

I had a feeling you might, Miss Dollywood!

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home